What We Believe
A. The Bible - 2Tim. 3:16, 2Pet. 2:21, Rev. 22:18-19, Prov. 30:5, Gal. 1:8-9
1. We believe the Bible to be the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe the Bible to be the very Word of God written by men through verbal inspirations.
3. We believe the Authorized King James Version to be the Word of God for English speaking people and we accept no other English
4. We believe that there is no new revelation and all that God has intended to reveal to us He has done so through His Word.
B. God - Deut. 6:4; Gen. 1:26; John 10:30; Matt. 28:19
1. We believe in one God who exists in three co-equal and eternal persons known as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. These three are
often called the Trinity.
C. Jesus - Heb. 2:9; Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:20-23; 1John 2:2; Heb 1:3
1. We believe that Jesus Christ, being the very Son of God, made Himself a little lower that the angels so as to redeem mankind from the bondage of sin.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross not for his own sins, but for the sins of the world.
3. We believe that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures, that He ascended bodily into heaven, and that He is seated at
the right hand of the Father.
D. The Holy Spirit - John 16:8; 1Cor. 3:16; Eph. 4:30; Eph. 5:18; 1Cor.13:8; 1Cor. 14
1. We believe the Holy Spirit(also called the Holy Ghost) is the third person of the Trinity.
2. We believe some gifts such as tongues, healing, and miracles, although given to the apostolic church were temporary, for the
confirmation of the Word of God and are not active in the church today.
E. Man-Rom. 5:12; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 3:10
1. We believe that all mankind is born in the state of sin and are hopelessly sinful in themselves and are spiritually dead.
F. Salvation-Rom. 4:12; John 14:6; 2Tim. 1:12; Jude 12
1. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ has the power to cleanse the sinner and make him guiltless before God the Father.
2. We believe that there is no hope of salvation outside the work of Christ. His death, burial, and resurrection is the good news for all
3. We believe that a person who is born again is eternally secure based upon the effective power of the blood of Jesus to keep us clean.
G. The Church-Eph. 1:22-2:5
1. We believe the church is the body of Christ and that all who believe on Jesus Christ becomes part of this body.
2. The local church should be a reflection of this body having many members but one head which is Crist.
H. Ordinances of the Church-Matt. 3:16; Acts 8:39; Matt 26:29
1. We believe the Lord's supper and baptism are the only two scriptural ordinances of the Church.
I. Christian Living-2Cor. 6:17; Mark 16:15; Heb. 11:6
1. We believe that Christians are called to a life of separation from sin and worldly influence.
J. Satan-Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Rev. 20:10; 1Pet. 5;8
1. We believe Satan is the author of sin and the cause of man's fall into sinful hate.
2. We believe Satan will be eternally punished in the lake of fire for his rebellion against God.
K. Second Coming-1Thes. 4:13-18; Zech. 14:4-11; Rev. 20:1-6
1. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ for his saints.
L. Eternal State-Matt. 25:41-46; Rev. 20:6, 12-15
1. We believe in a future state for all men
2. The saved will be raised to eternal life while the unsaved will be raised to eternal punishment.
3. Every man will spend eternity in heaven or in hell.